To educate about autoimmune diseases and promote positive values and peer support in Puerto Rican high schools.
1. Promote positive values, such as Courage, Perseverance, Determination, Strength, Positivism, Friendship, Sensitivity, and Faith, as key to overcome any obstacles in life.
2. Educate about:
- The most common autoimmune diseases in our community.
- The primary symptoms of these diseases to guide potential patients to receive early medical attention.
- The most common treatments of autoimmune diseases.
3. Emphasize the importance of supporting biomedical research.
4. Provide peer support to the students who battle daily with these chronic conditions.
5. Help create a volunteer list serve to participate and provide support in the multiple events.
1. Members of the Be Brave Club will promote the activities of the club to ensure their success.
2. Members will support Fundación Bechara in their plan of action and will volunteer in at least one of the foundation's activities.
-**ALL MEMBERS WHO VOLUNTEER IN AN ACTIVITY WILL RECEIVE COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS**
3. Members must assist to the club's weekly meetings.
4. Members will be responsible of planning the annual Be Brave Day at their schools.
- The Be Brave Day is an activity which objective is to promote the different values that students can use to overcome any obstacle. The activity will also educate students about autoimmune diseases. Club members will have the flexibility to be as creative as they want and coordinate the event as they wish as long as it follows the clubs mission and objectives.